About The Coalition
The goal of the California Concussion Coalition is to safeguard today’s youth and provide them with the education, information, and inspiration to play sports more safely.
The California Concussion Coalition has six initiatives:
- Promote and support existing partner programs in education, concussion management, rehabilitation, prevention, and more.
- Education for coaches, parents, and administrators through SLI Advanced Concussion Training (ACT)
- Youth concussion education through SLI Community Educators (SLICE) chapters at local universities.
- Medical professional education through ACT programs for doctors, nurses, and health professionals.
- Fundraising to support local education, policy initiatives, and research on CTE.
- Raising awareness through media, strategic partnerships, and awareness campaigns.
Advanced Concussion Training
Friday, November 15
Olympic Village Inn
1909 Chamonix Pl, Olympic Valley, CA
Executive Team & Boards
Northern Chapter Executive Team
Co-Chair– Cindy J. Chang, MD; Chief Medical Officer, US Olympic Team 2012; Immediate Past President, American Medical Society for Sports Medicine (AMSSM); Head Team Physician, UC Berkeley 1995-2008
Co-Chair– Eric Freitag, PsyD, FACPN; Diplomate, American Board of Professional Neuropsychology; Founder and Executive Director, Mt. Diablo Memory Center
Southern Chapter Executive Team
Co-Chair– Christopher Nowinski, Sports Legacy Institute
Medical Advisory Board
Chairman – Robert Cantu, MD; SLI Co-Founder and Medical Director
Casey G. Batten, MD; Head Team Physician, University of California-Berkeley
Advisory Board (Education Committee, Development Committee)
Mike Haynes; NFL Hall of Famer
Ben Lynch; former San Francisco 49er
Carol Quimby-Bonan; Member of the Sports Legacy Institute Board of Directors
Tom LaBonge; Los Angeles City Councilmember
Tim Fleiszer; 4-time Grey Cup winner
Alison Tetrick, Professional Cyclist